Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Final Project - "The Hunger Games"

For my 160 final project I partnered with Abigail Torres. We worked well together on our sound projects, so I was happy we got to work on our video project together. For this project our strategy was to evenly split the tasks. In pre-production Abigail wrote the script and treatment and I used my armature cinematography skills to draw the storyboard. After we got our concept down it was too late to find an actor to be in the film so we decide that I should play the actor. I put the skills from the one acting class I ever took to good use. Since I would be busy acting Abigail directed and shot any scenes that I was in and I shot the detail and environment shots. We also split tasks in post-production; Abigail edited the shots and I came up with the music and sound effects that is used throughout the film.
 Our short film is called the Hunter Games, the title obviously a play on the Hollywood Blockbuster the Hunger Games. We wanted to portray a funny and overdramatic story of something boring and mundane as registering for classes at Hunter. We also wanted to dramatize the issues that Hunter students face with registration every semester. I am featured as the frustrated Hunter student running around campus trying to register for classes before the deadline. Abigail is featured as an extra in one of the shots; Kind of like Stan Lee in every Marvel movie. This film is funny, overdramatic, and a situation that every Hunter student can easily relate to. I am proud of what Abigail and me put together and I want to give special thanks to Flonia for all the help and encouragement along the way.

Thank You and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment