Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Closing Artist Statement



Well it’s the end of the semester; my how time flies. At the start of the semester I never made any type of film or audio projects but through all of the projects and assignments that we were given to complete I was able to produce media I never thought I had the knowledge or skill set to create. I had only wanted to promote works of media not create it. But I had a very enriching experience in the world of film and media throughout the semester. I have always had a passion for film, media, and television; they are the main mediums that represent and tell the story of our culture and society. The media is fast paced and something new is always developing which is perfect for my easily bored disposition. During the course of the semester I was able to work in various parts of the media industry and create work which I am proud of.

Moreover, through the content that I created this semester I was able to finally express some of my hidden creativity and I was able to channel it through different forms of media like my sound interview, short film, and various written blog posts. Through my sound interview I got the privilege of sharing a very personal story of one of my classmates and was able to spotlight the all too common social issue of domestic abuse which she had gone through. I was also able to portray my passion for comedy through the short film that I co-created; which showed a very exaggerated and comedic portrayal of registering for classes at Hunter. Producing these assignments gave me the opportunity to be a legitimate media maker and allowed me to explore some of my interests and passions.

Finally, I am graduating this semester and through the skills and knowledge I gained in Media 160 and my great internship at 20th Century Fox I can leave college proud with my head held high knowing  I can concur the media industry I so desperately so want to be a part of. I am hoping to use all of the work I created this semester as a beginning portfolio while on my job hunt and I hope to nurture and build what I have already created and add even more of my passions and interests to it. This class was the icing on the cake to my last semester in college and I will use all the skills, knowledge and creativity that has been sparked in me to become a great media professional. #mediamogul

No comments:

Post a Comment